Fun Things to Do With Kids at Home and Outdoors for Free
Share with friends
The apparent increase in our workload and life-stresses means we hardly have fun things to do with kids at home and outdoors. We are willing to invest in new toys and their favorite playthings to keep them occupied around the clock. We happily shove tablets and computers in their faces and hope they stay hooked and quiet, for as long as we are busy.
And it works because kids today are so attached to these devices they mean the world to them.
It does not have to be that way though. In fact, we can have a lot to do with children indoors and
Fun time with kids is crucial for their health, and to help build self-confidence. It also helps to cement
Besides, they get to stay away from ‘addictive’ computers, game consoles, tablets, smartphones, and drugs. Instead of related addictions, they get to love the other side of life. These fun times can take place at home and outdoors. There is a need to balance between the two to stimulate both the mind and the physical body.
For example, an outdoor stroll down the park is great for the wellness of the physical body, whereas an indoor game of Scrabble sharpens the mind.
The activities selected below will work differently from household to household depending on geo-location, skill, ambition, and availability of relevant equipment. Remember, these are money free activities and should so.
Good luck and have fun.
Fun Things to Do With Kids Outdoors
- Bike riding
- Watching a community soccer match
- Playing soccer
- Watching the sunset
- Mountain climbing
- Go photo shooting
- Visiting a farm and helping out
- Making plans for a money trip
- Visiting a zoo
- Making a miniature garden of vegetables, flowers, trees
- Window shopping
- Making and flying kites, paper planes
- Scavenger hunting
- Visiting a public library
- Visiting a community center if available
- Going on a date
- Taking a hike
- Visiting a museum
- Simply walking or go jogging
- Volunteering to help the elderly in the neighborhood, and teaching a new skill to the community
- Trying a new hobby
- Demonstrating for a good cause
- Site seeing
- Volunteering to babysit
- Donating blood
- Donating unused clothes to the needy
- Selling used staff
- Setting up a bonfire
Fun Things to Do With Kids at Home
- Catching an old movie
- Painting together
- Drawing together
- Writing together
- Reading storybooks, religious books
- Making simple toys
- Learning a new musical instrument
- Cooking together
- Playing a computer game
- Playing board and other fun games: pirates, treasure hunt, magic tricks, cards, monopoly, water fight, puzzle games, scrabble
- Going through the album
- Repairing stuff at home: computer, radio, chairs., tables, etc
- Learning math
- Mastering a new language
- Singing together, karaoke
- Learning to code
Share with friends
Here are 5 Compelling Reasons to Motivate Your Child to Read Wide!
When we consistently read wide we reduce stress levels by up to 68 percent, and therefore avoid stroke and heart-related complications.
The Evolving Educator & Teacher of the 21st Century
The teacher of the 21st Century is tasked to facilitate the acquisition of knowledge while spicing up the learning with digital experience.
This is How Too Much Screen Time is Affecting Your Child!
Too much screen time in young children, especially preschoolers, is known to impede early childhood development milestones. The effects can live with them to adulthood.