The apparent increase in the workload and life-stresses means that the modern-day parents hardly have fun things to do with kids at home and outdoors.
Instead, they are willing to invest in new toys and their favorite playthings to keep the young ones occupied around the clock. Tablets and computers are shoved in their faces, hoping they stay hooked and quiet, for as long as parents are busy.
The trick works because the modern-day child is so into technology devices, that life without them is an absolute bore!
It does not have to be that way though if children are to grow into useful, responsible, productive, and smart children we are all proud of. Besides, too much screen time exposes them to untold social and health challenges such as tech neck and poor physical health.
In fact, parents can have a lot to do with children indoors and
Fun time with kids is crucial for better health and to help build self-esteem. Further still, it cements a healthy parent-child relationship, and besides, keeps them away from ‘addictive’ computers, game consoles, tablets, smartphones, and drugs.
For example, an outdoor stroll down the park is great for the wellness of the physical body, whereas an indoor game of Scrabble sharpens the mind.
The activities selected below will work differently from household to household depending on age, environment, skill level, and equipment. Remember, these are money free activities and should remain so.
Good luck and have fun.
Fun things to do outdoors with children:
- Bike riding
- Watching a community soccer match
- Playing soccer
- Watching the sunset
- Mountain climbing
- Go photo shooting
- Visiting a farm and helping out
- Making plans for a money trip
- Visiting a zoo
- Making a miniature garden of vegetables, flowers, trees
- Window shopping
- Making and flying kites, paper planes
- Scavenger hunting
- Visiting a public library
- Visiting a community center if available
- Going on a date
- Taking a hike
- Visiting a museum
- Simply walking or go jogging
- Volunteering to help the elderly in the neighborhood, and teaching a new skill to the community
- Trying a new hobby
- Demonstrating for a good cause
- Site seeing
- Volunteering to babysit
- Donating blood
- Donating unused clothes to the needy
- Selling used staff
- Setting up a bonfire
Fun things to do at home with children:
- Catching an old movie
- Painting together
- Drawing together
- Writing together
- Reading storybooks, religious books
- Making simple toys
- Learning new musical instruments
- Cooking together
- Playing a computer game
- Playing board and other fun games: pirates, treasure hunt, magic tricks, cards, monopoly, water fight, puzzle games, scrabble
- Going through the album
- Repairing stuff at home: computer, radio, chairs., tables, etc
- Learning math
- Mastering a new language
- Singing together, karaoke
- Learning to code
Leave a Reply